I was nominated for this award by two of my beautiful blogging friends Life with Neve and Fairy Kissed Daisy. These wonderful women were kind enough to think of me, so I had to share with everyone! It’s a great idea since I don’t write many personal posts, hopefully you will get to know me a little better by the end of this post!
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Life With Neve’s Questions
1. What is your favourite part about blogging?
I have loved getting to engage with people who love the same things as me! It’s been so fun reading other people’s experiences and having people take travel tips from me. I’m also so happy that i’ve met some really kind and supportive friends!
2. Who are your favourite bloggers?
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I hate rudeness, whether its not saying thank you, please or excuse me. People jumping the queue, barging into you or not giving up a seat on the bus for someone who needs it. I think we all need to be more polite to each other!
4. What TV character grinds your gears the most?
I guess since 13 Reasons Why is so popular at the moment I will say Bryce. I think most people will agree that he is an awful character, but I think the reason it sticks with you is because there are so many ‘Bryce’s’ in real life.
5. Your top twitter tip!
I think my twitter is pretty active because I love engaging with my followers! I like to get to know their opinions and share mine with them. Also I support other bloggers too, it takes a minute to retweet something and could lead to a few more views for another blogger!
6. Why you blog about what you do!
Well I am travelling a lot at the moment and want to share my adventures! Because i’ve moved to lots of different cities over the past few years I have friends all over the UK and I feel like my blog is a way to tell them what I have been up to!
7. Your favourite feature about yourself.
I don’t know if it supposed to be something physical, but i’m going to say my determination! Even after getting really ill last year I kept working (probably past the point I should have been) and in spite of the fact I have a chronic illness i’ve got into medical school and won’t give up!
Fairy Kissed Daisy’s Questions
1. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
This is similar to Neve’s question so go read my answer above!
2. What would you say is your biggest achievement (outside of blogging)
Probably getting a Distinction in my Masters Degree or getting accepted to study at Medical School in September!
3. Where would you move to if money wasn’t an issue?
I’m happy where I am at the moment, but if we didn’t need to be here for work I would love to move back to Edinburgh. It’s my favourite city in the world!
4. What do you look for in other people’s blogs, what makes you click to follow?
I look for engaging content, good photos and normally some humour in their writing. I like feeling like I could be friends with the writer in real life because they seem kind and honest! I wouldn’t follow anyone who i’ve seen be mean or unfair.
5. Favourite Disney Princess and why?
Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I think everyone that knows me in real life is already aware. But I have always loved learning and reading, I love that even though she is alienated sometimes she is strong and sees beneath the Beast’s scary exterior and sees the good in him.
6. What’s the most recent lesson you have learnt?
I think recently i’ve learnt that hard work can pay off, from getting my most recent job to getting accepted to my new programme, it’s taken years of hard work but I finally feel like I know what career I want for the rest of my life! Before I was following what I enjoyed but wasn’t sure where I would end up.
7. Favourite candle scent?
I love candles so much, it’s hard to pick a favourite. At the moment I mostly use a Cath Kidston one called ‘Walled Garden’ which is a mixture of Orange, Rose and Lilly. It’s beautiful!
I nominate these wonderful bloggers:
Can’t wait to read your responses!
- What do you wish you knew before you started blogging?
- Where are you heading to this summer (if anywhere!)?
- Which country would you most like to visit?
- What’s your biggest blogging related achievement?
- Which brand/company would you love to collaborate with?
- Which platform provides the best promotion for your blog? (e.g. twitter, instagram, Facebook)
- Which of your previous posts would you really like your viewers to take a look at?
Hope you enjoyed the post!